Your privacy matters to us so please take the time to familiarize yourself with our policies, and if you have any questions, please contact us in one of the methods set out below.
Purpose of this Policy
The Website and the Services are intended for business use only and not for use by minors. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If you are a minor in your jurisdiction, please do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor, we will delete that information.
Personal data or personal information has the specific meaning given by the applicable legislation. Generally, it means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified. It does not include data which is not related to an identifiable person (anonymized data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identif
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of the Services you have purchased from Gofile.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your device’s unique ID number, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website and the Services.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your location, preferences and feedback.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Website and the Services, such as the links that you click on, pages of the Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, your search queries, the dates and times of your visits, but also about the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Website or app(s), and the webpage or app(s) you go to next.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How we collect Personal Information
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account and profile with us;
- purchase the Services;
- access one of our help topics or videos;
- contact our customer service;
- agree to share your screen with our customer service agents;
- provide web or in-product logs to our customer service agents;
- give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with the Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data and Usage Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal information about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following types of sub-processors:
- analytics providers, such as Google Analytics;
- search information providers, such as Google.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Technical Data from the following types of sub-processors:
Use of Personal Information
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Gofile may have to share your personal information with the following parties set out below for the purposes described above.
- Third Party categories as set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Consultants in the field of software, systems and security.
- Social networking sites to which you have linked your account.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in Canada who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Regulators and other government authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
We require all third parties to respect the privacy and security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share information about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave the Website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your password, and remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished using the Website, so that other people using the same computer will not have access to your Personal Information.
We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of performing a contract with you and for satisfying any legal, audit, accounting, or reporting requirements or obligations which apply to us.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. We will endeavour to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Please keep us informed of any changes to your address, telephone number or other contact information. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, or if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us by one of the methods set out below:
Our full details are:
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 800-120 Eglinton Ave E, Toronto, ON M4P 1E2
Telephone number: 1-888-505-7815
Last Updated: March 15, 2023
Effective Date: March 15, 2023